We thank you, our valued guests, for your cooperation in keeping everyone safe.
- When you arrive at the cinema, please observe social distancing requirements at all times and avoid waiting around in public areas unless you’re in a queue.
- Please wash your hands regularly, and feel free to make use of our complimentary sanitising stations.
- Please arrive early at the cinema, ahead of your scheduled show time, and have your tickets ready for visual inspection.
- We have strict guidelines in place for any of our staff members who present early symptoms, not to report for duty at our cinemas. We would like to encourage you to do the same and opt to stay at home if you feel unwell.
- Please follow government guidelines with regards to the compulsory wearing of face masks or other suitable coverings over your nose and mouth.
Contactless Payment Methods
- We recommend that you book online for your selected movie performance in advance, to ensure a contactless payment experience with all ticket checks conducted visually, requiring no direct contact.
- Ticket purchasing can also be done at the self-service terminals (SSTs), the catering counters, and the box office counters inside the cinema.
- Tickets will be available for booking on our website, telephonically (via our call centre), and also via the Nu Metro Cinemas app (available on iOS and Android). Confirmation emails serve as references to collect your tickets at the cinema.
- Please wear a face mask or other suitable form of nose and mouth cover when you visit our cineplexes, in line with governmental guidelines.
- When seated inside the cinema, you will be socially distanced from other guests. Masks may be removed while enjoying your snacks and drinks.
- Within our VIP cinemas, you may remove your face covering to consume snacks and drinks ordered from our VIP in-cinema dining menu.
- All customers will have their temperature taken when entering our cinemas.
- Should your temperature exceed 37,5 degrees Celsius, you will be taken aside for your contact details to be taken down; cinema access will be denied to customers exceeding the prescribed temperature check, as per governmental regulations.
- You will also be required to sanitise at the entrance of the cinema complex.
- There will be complimentary hand sanitiser stations, offering sanitising gels at allocated locations throughout the cineplex..
Cinemas sanitised after each show
- We’ll have a more frequent and more thorough cleaning regimen throughout the cineplex, with additional controls within all toilet facilities.
- Stations offering complimentary sanitising gels will be available at allocated points throughout the cineplex.
- We will also be doing a nightly deep-clean of all cineplexes once the last show has been completed
In-Cinema Social Distancing
- Nu Metro is enabling social distancing by introducing at least 1,5-metre of distance between booked seats.
- This measure has been introduced by blocking 2 ‘buffer’ seats on either side of a customer’s selection. Such blocked seats appear in a zigzag pattern throughout each auditorium.
- ‘Buffer’ seats establish distancing on either side, in front and behind booked seats.
- In this manner, cinema capacity is also limited to a maximum of 100 people per auditorium or 50% of the available seats (taking auditorium size and social distancing requirements into consideration), in compliance with South African Government regulations under Lockdown Level 1.
- Floor decals and other communications in cinemas will manage the same social distancing measures in cinema foyers
- We’re limiting the number of seats available for each performance, and blocking seats between cinemagoers to meet social distancing requirements.
- We’re staggering the start times for movies to reduce queues in our foyers, supported by floor markings indicating social distances in public queue spaces and venue control management by cinema staff.
- Please assist by discarding all of your litter when exiting the cinema.
A Well-trained Team
- All of our cinema teams have been trained on the required health, safety, and hygiene protocols as required by governmental directives – including enhanced cleaning measures and effective hand-washing routines.
- Our staff are adequately supplied with personal protective equipment (PPEs) – including face masks and gloves.
When will Nu Metro Cinemas re-open?
Selected Nu Metro cinema complexes will reopen on 28 August 2020, with limited show times on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
Which cinema locations will be open from 28 August 2020?
We will be reopening the following Nu Metro cinema complexes on 28 August 2020: Canal Walk (Cape Town), Mountain Mill (Worcester), Boardwalk (Port Elizabeth), The Pavilion (Durban), Ballito Junction (Ballito), Galleria (Amanzimtoti), Loch Logan (Bloemfontein), Masingita Mall (Giyani, Limpopo), Hyde Park (Johannesburg), The Glen (Johannesburg), Clearwater (Johannesburg), Westgate (Johannesburg), Emperors Palace (Johannesburg),Woodlands Boulevard (Pretoria), Menlyn Park (Pretoria), Arcades Mall (Lusaka, Zambia) and Maputo (Mozambique).
Is it safe to come to Nu Metro Cinemas?
The health and well-being of our customers and employees are our top priorities. We are following governmental guidelines to make cinemagoers feel as comfortable as possible, while providing a safe, responsible and enjoyable cinema experience.
What safety measures have been put into place?
In light of the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, and based on governmental regulations, we are implementing a number of health and safety protocols, which will allow us to provide a safe environment for our staff and guests. Some of these protocols include social distancing measures across all areas within the cinema complex, staggered show times, hand sanitising stations, increased frequency of enhanced cleaning methods, the wearing of masks, specific training of staff in precautionary measures and more..
Will face coverings be mandatory for customers and your staff?
Yes, in line with the governmental guidelines, face masks or cloth coverings over your nose and mouth must be worn in all areas inside the cinema complex, but may be removed only when eating and drinking. Our staff will be provided with masks and/or visors as part of their uniforms. All of our cinema staff will also receive specific COVID-19 training.
How will social distancing be enforced?
All staff, customer and other public areas will be arranged and managed so as to promote and maintain social distancing of at least 1,5 metres between people within our cinema complexes. Additionally, we have updated our seating plans to ensure social distancing is maintained between guests, while still allowing family and friends to sit together. These social distancing measures inside cinemas will vary, based on the cinema capacity and layout.
Will Nu Metro be taking my temperature?
Yes, at the entrance to all our cinema complexes, you will be required to have your temperature taken; all of our guests will also be required to hand sanitise before entering the venue.
What happens if my temperature exceeds 37,5 degrees Celsius?
If your temperature is 37,5 degrees Celsius or above, you will not be allowed to enter the cinema complex.
How frequently will the cinemas be sanitised?
The cinemas will be sanitised after every show. The high standard and frequency of cleaning programmes will be complemented with enhanced sanitising methods throughout each day at regular intervals, with specific focus on high-touch areas within the cinema complex. There will also be a deep cleaning process that happens at the end of each day.
Am I able to use contactless payments?
Tickets will be available for booking via our website and the Nu Metro app (available on iOS and Android). Confirmation emails serve as references for ticket collection via our self-service terminals at the cinemas. You will also be able to purchase tickets at the SSTs, catering and box office counters.
Will food be available at the cinema?
You will be able to purchase a selection of cinema snacks and drinks at our confectionary counters. We will be adding plastic screens at all these counters to keep staff and guests protected. Nu Metro’s VIP cinema experience will include bar- and sit-down restaurant/lounge services with the required social distancing and other preventative measures being implemented. In-cinema dining ordered from Nu Metro’s VIP menu will also be served, according to the health and safety standards in place for restaurants.
**Text “Hi” to 0600 123 456 via WhatsApp to receive official and up-to-date information from the Department of Health on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in South Africa. For more information and regular news updates, go to https://sacoronavirus.co.za/
CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK 24-HOUR HOTLINE NUMBER:
0800 029 999
CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK 24-HOUR HOTLINE NUMBER:
0800 029 999